Our Strategic Goal is:
To Support Programmes that are empowering adolescents and volunteerism in Cross River State and beyond
Mediatrix Development Foundation supports life skills training in Primary and Secondary schools in Cross River State.
Under our Volunteering programme, young people have developed life skills and become well-rounded individuals.
They develop life skills as they get immersed in activities that are outside of their comfort zones. Our Volunteering programme has helped youths and students become competent, employable, and better meet their learning objectives; We have a record of about 2000 Volunteers trained and referred for volunteer opportunities.
OUR AREA OF FOCUS AND INTERVENTION
- Support empowerment of youth through school-based life skills training, targeting
- Support implementation of programmes that engender volunteering of services for public good in the Cross River State public service
- We have constructed/Renovated 17 Educational Facilities in Seven LGAs in CRS in partnership with UNHCR
- We have established 50 Health Clubs in Schools across the State;
- Organize and sponsor Essay and Quiz competition for junior secondary schools across the State;
- 1,600 youths referred for volunteer services;
- 200 youths trained for volunteer services;
- 40 Desktop computers provided to schools across the 3 Senatorial Districts
- We help develop literacy, digital and other life skills in schools
- Celebrate Career Days carrying out career counselling, mentoring and internship programmes for young people.