Our Strategic Goal is:
Support Programmes that Improves the protection of Rights for Women and Children in Cross River State.
Rights and Justice are about working towards a more equal and just society. Part of this is ensuring that people are treated with dignity and respect at every given time.
At Mediatrix Development Foundation, we uphold the principles of Rights and justice by promoting gender equality and the rights of women and children. We advance rights and justice by removing barriers women and children face because of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture or disability.
OUR AREA OF FOCUS AND INTERVENTION
Facilitate implementation of programmes that advocate for the rights of women and children in 6 LGAs in Cross River State.
The standard activities under this thematic area include:
- Trained 8 CSOs, Woman Right Group and Youth Group in Elimination of GBV in Calabar South, Calabar Municipality and Obanliku LGA CRS
- 100 community advocates trained on the elimination of violence against women and girls in Calabar South, Calabar Municipality and Obanliku LGA CRS;
- Over 10,000 persons have been reached with rights and justice awareness;
- We several rape cases under investigation;
- Rape offenders have been prosecuted;
- Rehabilitation and reintegration of rape victims
- We develop advocacy and communication strategy via Billboards positioned at strategic points in each LGA of the State;
- More than 15,000 Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Materials produce and distributed;
- We build a coalition on women and children’s rights issues
- Review policy and legal environment.
- Support drafting of bills.
- Advocate for appropriate legislation and enforcement of existing laws.
- Engage community leaders on women and children rights
- Provide free legal and counselling services to vulnerable women and children.
- Engage train and retain volunteers.